Breast reconstruction recreates all or part of a breast that surgeons have removed to treat breast cancer or reduce the risk of breast cancer. The goal of reconstruction is to make breasts look and feel as natural as possible. Deciding to have breast reconstruction following mastectomy (breast removal) is a personal choice.
If you or a loved one is having a mastectomy, the specialists at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper are here to guide you through the decision-making process, providing excellent reconstructive surgery options in a supportive environment.
Why Choose MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper for Breast Reconstruction Surgery?
As a partner with MD Anderson Cancer Center – one of the nation’s leading cancer centers – we offer the same advanced treatment options available at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas.
Our multidisciplinary team develops a treatment plan focused on your goals and desires. We provide a full range of reconstructive breast services, including:
- Personalized reconstructive surgery plan: Our doctors work with you to create a personalized surgical plan, based on your:
- Age, body type, and lifestyle factors
- Desired look and feel of your breasts after reconstructive surgery
- Preferred type of surgery and length of recovery time
- Desired timeline (reconstruction at the same time as the mastectomy or at a later date)
- Full range of surgical options: Our surgeons provide all available options for breast reconstruction, including some that may not be readily available at other centers in Southern New Jersey:
- Breast reconstruction with implants, including silicone and saline options
- Breast reconstruction with flaps, using tissue from another part of the body
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy, a procedure used to remove breast cancer while preserving the breast skin, nipple, and areola
- Fat grafting, which involves removing fat from the thighs or belly and injecting it into the breast
- Consultations for women with previous reconstruction: If you have previously had breast reconstruction and are experiencing complications or are unhappy with the appearance of your breast, our doctors are here to help. Together we can devise a treatment plan to manage any side effects from prior procedures and decide whether further surgery may help you achieve desired results.
To learn more about breast reconstruction services available at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper or to schedule an appointment, please call 855.MDA.COOPER (855.632.2667).
Refer a Patient
If you are a doctor who wants to refer a patient to MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, please call 855.MDA.COOPER (855.632.2667).