Surgery may be a treatment option for some endocrine, or hormone-based, diseases and conditions. Endocrine surgery is a unique specialty within endocrinology, with only about 200 surgeons currently practicing in the United States.
Why Choose Cooper for Endocrine Surgery
The specialized care provided in the Section of Endocrine Surgery at Cooper University Health Care combines innovative surgical procedures and the latest technology to offer comprehensive treatment options for patients who have endocrine disorders. Our surgeons take a multidisciplinary approach to care, partnering with experts in endocrinology, oncology, and radiology, among others, to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
Our endocrine surgeons are part of our Surgical Services Institute, which offers patients leading-edge surgical options performed in a state-of-the-art facility by some of the top surgeons in the region and the nation.
Endocrine Disorders We Treat With Surgery
Cooper’s endocrine surgeons provide specialized treatment for a wide range of endocrine diseases and conditions, including:
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Grave’s disease
- Adrenal cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Types of Endocrine Surgery at Cooper
At Cooper, our endocrine surgeons are experts in a variety of surgical techniques, including:
- Thyroidectomy – involves the removal of the thyroid gland
- Thyroid lobectomy – involves the removal of one of the two lobe from the thyroid gland
- Parathyroidectomy – involves the removal of the parathyroid gland
- Adrenalectomy – involves the removal of one or both of the adrenal glands
- Total pancreatectomy – involves the removal of the entire pancreas, gallbladder, and spleen as well as some parts of the stomach and small intestine