Approximately 3 million people in the United States suffer from inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs), including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and about 70,000 people are diagnosed with some form of IBD every year. The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, part of Cooper’s Digestive Health Institute, is the only center of its kind in southern New Jersey to manage these complex diseases.
At the Cooper IBD Center, our integrated team of highly trained specialists understands the challenges you encounter living with this condition and provides advanced treatments, education, and a full range of support services to help you manage the long-term aspects of the disease.
Cooper offers an array of services and therapies for IBD, including:
- Disease evaluation and education
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies
- Dietary counseling and nutritional services
- Medication management and biologic infusion services
- Advanced imaging techniques
- Minimally invasive surgical interventions
Where many medical facilities combine IBD services with care for other digestive tract disorders, Cooper’s IBD Center focuses solely on relieving your symptoms, improving your quality of life, and restoring your digestive health.
Why Choose Cooper for Your IBD Care
The Cooper Digestive Health Institute’s IBD Center offers several unique advantages:
- Comprehensive approach to disease evaluation and management: We understand that IBD can have an overwhelming impact on your quality of life. Cooper’s IBD Center provides you with access to advanced diagnostic testing and treatment options including diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies, state-of-the-art imaging, medication management, biologic infusion services, and minimally invasive surgical intervention.
- Multidisciplinary team of experts: Through the IBD Center, you’ll have access to a nationally recognized multidisciplinary team of experts that includes gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, rheumatologists, dermatologists, and psychologists so you receive the comprehensive and complete IBD care. Our comprehensive IBD team also include advanced practice practitioners, nurses and clinical staff who are dedicated to IBD care.
- Personalized care plan for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis: Every patient coping with IBD is unique. Managing your disease may include medications, lifestyle modifications and routine surveillance. The gastroenterologists and advanced practice practitioners at the Cooper IBD Center will work with you to develop an individualized care plan that works best for you. Specialty services are also available, such as a program to address the impact of IBD on fertility, pregnancy, and post-partum care.
- Patient-centered environment: Our physician experts provide the most advanced and comprehensive gastroenterology care in South Jersey, offering the latest endoscopy and other non-surgical technologies. The Cooper Digestive Health Institute provides patients with expert care in a welcoming environment designed for maximum comfort and patient satisfaction.
- State-of-the-art facilities: Located in Mount Laurel, the IBD Center is part of the Cooper Digestive Health Institute, the largest outpatient GI center in South Jersey. Just minutes from Exit 4 of the NJ Turnpike and Exit 36 of I-295, and a short drive from Marlton, Voorhees, Moorestown, and Philadelphia, the IBD Center shares the Digestive Health Institute's state-of-the-art procedure suites, examination, treatment, and recovery rooms, and biologic infusion services.