At the Cooper Bone and Joint Institute, our joint replacement and reconstruction surgeons are experts in shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle replacement. Our coordinated care approach ensures that you receive the utmost expertise in presurgical evaluation, surgical care, and follow-up rehabilitation services.
Why Choose Cooper for Joint Replacement Care?
Patients and families in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for joint replacement services because of our:
- Expertise: The Cooper Bone and Joint Institute is one of the largest academic musculoskeletal institutes in the region. Our team includes fellowship-trained and board-certified specialists who have advanced training in the latest standards of joint care.
- Forward-thinking treatment approach: We offer minimally invasive approaches, such as muscle-sparing joint replacement surgery, to decrease recovery time. Our surgeons also use computer-aided navigation and other advanced techniques, leading to more effective results.
- Outstanding clinical results: Our team is committed to producing outstanding clinical and patient satisfaction results. All of our patients are up and walking immediately after joint replacement surgery and many return home the same day of surgery and experience a significant improvement in their quality of life.
- Innovative surgical options: Our joint replacement and reconstruction team has deep experience performing advanced procedures. We provide a full range of surgical options, including innovative options for primary joint replacements and complex revision surgeries.
- Patient-focused care: We offer a high level of care in a patient-centered environment. After joint replacement surgery, every patient recovers in our same-day surgery unit. Most are discharged to home after physical therapy. Those patients staying overnight will be admitted. Our unique pain management protocol reduces patients’ nausea and discomfort, limiting the need for narcotic medication during and after surgery.
- Team approach: Our musculoskeletal specialists can treat you from the earliest sign of degenerative joint disease. Specialists with different areas of expertise work together to develop a personalized surgical treatment plan for you. Our experts also coordinate your postsurgical rehabilitation with our physical therapy and rehabilitation staff. This team approach gets you back to the activities you love as quickly and safely as possible.
- Personalized rehabilitation care: Our physical therapy team is specially trained to rehabilitate patients who have had joint replacement. We create a rehabilitation plan tailored to your health and your personal goals, with a focus on getting you back to your normal routine. Learn more about our physical therapy and rehabilitation program.
- Care coordinator: We connect each patient with a pre-operative clinical nurse, who will help you navigate the care process. Your nurse navigator will help you prepare for surgery and assist in gathering your medical clearances to ensure you are medically stable to proceed with surgery.
Joint Replacement Services
Our team is dedicated to providing expert care for patients undergoing joint replacement. Our specialists perform a full range of advanced, research-backed procedures, including:
- Innovative technologies for primary joint replacements and complex revision surgeries
- Minimally invasive, muscle-sparing joint replacement surgery to decrease patient recovery time
- State-of-the-art techniques, including computer-aided navigation, that allow more accurate placement of components
- Patient-specific knee replacements, unicompartmental knee replacements, and patella-femoral knee replacements
- Advanced procedures for young, active patients such as hip resurfacing
- A unique pain management protocol that reduces nausea and discomfort, limiting the need for narcotic medication during and after surgery
- Traditional shoulder replacement and reverse shoulder replacement to treat immobility caused by complex shoulder injuries and severe arthritis
Clinical Nurse Navigator
Your clinical nurse navigator will contact you two weeks prior to your surgery to discuss information on:
- Your hospital stay after surgery including preparing for discharge
- Your care once you leave the hospital, including how to prepare your home for your recovery and ensure you have the support system you need for a successful surgical outcome
- Your tailored pain management plan
The post operative nurse navigator will meet with you after surgery, guide you through your hospital stay and facilitate your safe discharge.
To learn more about Cooper’s Joint Replacement services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).